Maritime security has become an important requirement for merchant vessels in today’s time. Increasing shipping piracy threats have resulted in huge losses for shipping conglomerates around the world. In order to tackle this problem successfully, many security companies have started to provide maritime security services, which are custom made for the present modern piracy at sea.
Across the world, there are many such maritime security companies which command a unique respect for the stellar security services they offer. A choicest few of such reputed companies can be listed down as follows:
1. Hart Security: Hart security provides an array of maritime protection services like consultancy facilities to protect marine valuables and abidance of the International Ship and Port Facility Security Code (ISPS Code). In addition, the company also provides extensive marine security training to international shipping conglomerates and government authorities.
2. Control Risks: Control Risk offers security monitoring and inspection of ships and ports. The company also provides extensive security to check shipping piracy. This security measure includes appropriate prevention methods and prompt responsive services in case of any emergency scenarios. Along with these services, the company also offers emergency response and management services.
3. MUSC: An acronym for Maritime and Underwater Security Consultants, the maritime security services’ company has been providing the said services for the past 37 years. The company not only offers anti-piracy security, but also provides security services for subsea pipelines and ensures effective disposal of explosive materials. Services pertaining to marine environment safeguards are also provided by the company.
4. Hudson Analytix: The Company offers a four-way marine security program that encompasses shipping organisations, ships, ports and onboard security services. The Company has been accredited as a Recognised Security Organisation (RSO) internationally. The Company’s extent of operations span around 1,800 vessels and 300 ports internationally.
5. MAST: Based in Great Britain, the security company has its offices in countries like South Africa, Malta, Djibouti and Oman. It provides extensive maritime security services and is known for its detailed services in the most cost-effective manner.
6. Securewest International: Securewest International is a company that provides marine security services not only to civilian ships but to naval vessels as well. The company provides vessel tracking, ship accompaniment and architectural security services.
The company is recognised internationally for its counter-piracy and ISPS preparatory services.
7. IMSA: An abbreviation for Independent Maritime Security Associates, IMSA offers maritime protection services not only against marine piracy but also against marine terrorism activities. In addition to these security measures, the organisation also offers requisite training in ISPS Code and carries out risk assessment programs.
8. Drum Cussac: The marine security company provides services like Long Range Acoustic Device (LRAD) and Automated Piracy Threat Assessment System (APTAS) facilities. The company has gained accreditation from the Maritime and Coastguard Agency (MCA) for its excellent marine security servicing and is a member of SAMI – Security Association for the Maritime Industry.
9. Marsec: The maritime security services company offers marine protective services by way of detailed training programs to counter marine piracy. Along with the programs, the company also provides for security personnel aboard ships to ensure better vessel and crew protection. Marsec also collaborates with marine security forces of individual countries to achieve its security purpose better.
10. Neptune Maritime Security: The Company’s security servicing is very unique as it offers customised maritime protection to counter maritime piracy. The Company’s security services are flexile and are offered based on the singularity and extent of a security threat.
11. STS maritime security: STS SECURITY provides professional, fully licensed, highly trained Security Teams and manages all governmental permits, administrative interface and logistical support for security operations around the world.
With the aid of maritime protection offered by these companies, shipping conglomerates can be assured of plenteous security to its crew and cargo. Oceanic navigation routes are necessary and cannot be done without. Since shipping piracy has become an unchecked evil in certain water parts and is spreading towards other oceanic networks, opting for maritime security services has become a choice that cannot be overlooked